Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Positivity :-)

Positivity is what keeps me going in life (well, that and upbeat music). Everyone has bad days and everyone is going to encounter some obstacles at some point. However, it is how you handle these bad days and obstacles that determines your character. Now, I am by NO MEANS perfect at this whole always look on the bright side/positivity thing but if there is one thing I have learned in my short time on this planet it's that whining and complaining is not going to help any circumstance. You are better off looking at everything with a positive attitude, even the bad stuff. For example, it really stinks that my husband is deployed this year, but on the positive side, this deployment has truly made me cherish our time together even more so than I ever did before. I am positive that this deployment is strengthening our marriage.

I have chosen to embed this youtube video because this little girl is the most positive person I've ever seen. If you're ever having a bad day, try doing what she does and remind yourself that there ARE great things in your life. If nothing else, it will make you smile.


I really enjoy using youtube for many different reasons. I go to youtube to find videos that make me laugh. I have also used youtube to find clips of "Bill Nye the Science Guy" and other educational videos to show my students. Since CMCSS blocks youtube, I guess I won't be able to do that anymore. I think youtube is a great resource but because there are bad things on it too, it is not appropriate for student use in school.

Ok, just for the heck of it, I'm going to embed one more video. This video shows students from my alma mater, Furman University (otherwise known as FU - yes, they use that as a play on words often). Furman is a liberal arts school in Greenville, SC. The students there organized a flash mob in the public park in downtown Greenville. This is one of those videos that ALWAYS brings a smile to my face so in the name of positivity, I'm posting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment